I am going to be an unconventional blogger today.
No, I will not list my resolutions for 2018 and encourage you to do the same.
No, I will not reminisce about 2017 and regret the things I did not do.
Instead, I will live today.
Following are 16 little things I experienced that made today special.
1. A delicious bed
2. Smiles in morning sunlight
3. A newly-lit fire
4. The cold rabbit, excited to see me
5. The hen, pecking my jeans and talking to me
6. Tantalizing turkey in the oven
7. Classical music over a delectable dinner
8. Cold air to nip my nose
9. Goodnight kisses with the bunny
10. Ginger ale in antique glasses
11. Dutch Blitz
12. Laughing so hard we cry
13. Armenian music!
14. Sewing by the fire
15. Rich, homemade hot cocoa in heirloom demitasse teacups and silver spoons
16. A sharp, glowing full moon between the trees
“’Shall auld acquaintance be forgot, and the days of auld lang syne?’ When the fiddle had stopped singing, Laura called out softly, ‘What are the days of auld lang syne, Pa?’ ‘They are the days of a long time ago, Laura,” Pa said… She looked at Pa sitting on the bench by the hearth… She looked at Ma, gently rocking and knitting.
“She thought to herself, ‘This is now.’
“She was glad that the cosy house, and Pa and Ma and the fire-light and the music, were now. They could not be forgotten, she thought, because now is now. It can never be a long time ago.” –Laura Ingalls Wilder, Little House in the Big Woods